Friday, March 06, 2015

HK Breakfast

After lunch on the first Friday with my colleagues in HK, I asked them about buying ferry tickets to go to Macau so they walked me to the terminal and ticketing office which was just across the street from our office (our new office is actually on the same building now). I had to get tickets for Sunday since Tal is arriving on Saturday morning. For some reason, we didn't check the tickets and when I got back to the hotel, I realized they were for Saturday departure!

Horrified, I walked to the terminal building hoping to have them correct the error but the counter was closed already and will only reopen at 6 the next day. I was disappointed because the departure time on our ticket is at 730 so I texted my colleague to see what other options I have.

She felt bad and wanted to come with me tomorrow in case they won't exchange the ticket for me and said she'd help to sell the tickets. I felt bad for her to come all the way to Tsim Sha Tsui because she said it takes 40mins for her commute, it would be too early and worse it was Saturday and a day off. 

After an hour of back and forth, I agreed to meet her with condition that I buy breakfast for her. Turned out the ticket agent was kind enough to exchange with no question. We were there early and not many were open. We went for the closest option which is just right next to the booths. 

I overheard the guy in front of us ordered lo mai kai, so I ordered the same thing and I could add another entree and drink for just HK59 if I remember correctly so we went for the century egg porridge and horlicks, boy I haven't heard or tasted horlicks for a long long time.

The lo mai kai was not bad, it's just that I unwrapped it the wrong way and I'd usually drench it in chili sauce, but a nice and hearty breakfast to start an awesome weekend!

No comments: