Sunday, March 29, 2015

DimSums in SP and HK

Gotta say our SP dimsum is not so bad compared to the ones we have in LA or even HK. Actually some dimsum places in LA, especially those outside of Chinatown really sucked.

The one in SP, mom and papa took me to his friend's establishment near the swamps. It doesn't look much but we were stuffed after we were done, and owner came to sit and chat with us - it was a week before CNY and there weren't too many patrons. He offered us the sweet stuff for dessert. The char kuih kak was out of this world! Every bit reminds me of how much I love char koay teow

While in HK, my colleague took me to Din Tai Fung for lunch/dimsum. What I noticed a common theme between the two is there are no more carting around to offer you food. Everything is made to order, well I should say heated to order.
This was shared between two people and we were stuffed. Everything was really good especially the spicy shrimp wonton. I just love all the noodles in HK, they taste so fresh, flavorful and delicate than the ones I'm used to.

No comments: