Saturday, March 21, 2015

Alcohol and Empty Stomach

This past Thursday was JP's birthday. Organized an impromptu gathering with a few colleagues to surprise her at her house for dinner. Only had breakfast (nasi lemak) and nothing else until almost 6, when we were ready to eat. Colleagues went to get Smirnoff ice from the grocery store, I grabbed apple flavor and it didn't feel alcoholic at all. Hungry and thirsty, I downed half a bottle and started eating - we brought Persian food.

I went for second and grabbed another bottle screwdriver since I shared the first bottle with Tal. After eating and chatted for a while, I suddenly felt hot and head became really heavy. I felt like I needed to lie down, so I got out of my chair and tried to head to the living room, but the next thing I heard was my concerned colleagues asking if I was ok as they guide me to the living room.

Apparently, I blacked out for a second, standing up haha That has never happened to me before. I felt so much better as soon as I lay my head down. Tal propped my legs up and they gave me a bag of frozen veggies for my forehead. 

Alcohol on empty stomach does not go well at all!

No comments: