Wednesday, March 18, 2015

CNY Cookies

So happy that I got to go home for pre-CNY this year - not only that I got to see most of my family and handful of friends but also to re-kindle my taste buds with all the food that I love.
I also managed to smuggle a few containers full of CNY cookies, surprisingly, most of them were still intact even after taking three different flights - PEN-KUL-HKG-LAX.
Four weeks after my trip, these are the only cookies left... literally, for the sole purpose of this entry and of course after photo is snapped, they instantaneously vanished out of plain sight!
Clockwise: bak who wrapped in kuih kapit shell, sesame chew, flower power, peanut cookie, green pea cookie and cornflakes cookie. As you can probably tell, I don't know the exact names but I sure as hell love to eat them.

Cookies that didn't survive thus far:
- Kuih kapit (lasted 1.5 week) 
- Ribbon kuih (gone almost 1st week)
- Sambal hae bee in crunchy mini cigar like roll (OMG so good)
- Pineapple cookies (made by Jesse's mom)

During a short layover in HK, I felt bad if I have to share any of these cookies with my colleagues so I bought three boxes of tea cookies which cost me a fortune but definitely a win-win for all :D

No comments: