Saturday, April 03, 2010

Today's Lunch

Sun-dried tomatoes Alfredo with Linguine from bottle, fresh mushrooms and pan fried hot Italian sausage. Still have half a pot of these for dinner and perhaps lunch again tomorrow :)

Lost in a pile of pictures, here's bak kut teh that I managed to cook up last month, bowls and bowls of awesomeness. I figured it was the type cut I've used before on a pork that made the soup oily, so this time I just stayed with the ribs and they were YUMMY! Of course lots of garlic and jalapenos to complement the soup on one of those cold days/nights.

Also, Jersey's Mike sandwich shop opened right by my work and I have a few coupons for it so decided to try it out since I've heard rave reviews about this place on their service and sandwiches... The were even featured on the Travel channel, but the particular branch was in MA, I think. Hate to say, was kind of disaapointed -- the sandwiches were not that great, maybe just the dressing that was good on the cold cut. They were kinda pricey and their service was way under-enthusiastic. Thumbs way down. Oh yeah, SALTY!




Finally, went out to friend's friend Thai restaurant, Le Basil at Valencia. It's a small but comfy place, very mom & pop's place. The food was not bad at all, somewhat modern twist of Thai cuisine. The shrimp and tangerine was really good. I also LOVE the tom kha soup which was served in hot pot. Since this was friend's friend's joint, we weren't shy to order a ton of food because of steep discount hehe

2 comments:

Giffo Hoots said...

Didnt take a close up on the Thai food? My absolute fave always the mango kerabu...

SJ said...

Aiyah when hungry, last time that comes in mind is taking pic :D