Sunday, May 27, 2012

Roadtrip Day I - LA to Phoenix, AZ

Day I - Friday, December 23, 2011
Meet up with SW.

Did a full day at work on Friday, left just in time to start moving all the stuff into car -- wasn't very organized on this trip and had to turn back to get my shoes as I totally forgot about them. Good thing I haven't gotten onto the freeway yet. 

The backseat was packed with:
- Bobbie -- his bed, napkins, food, tupperwares to be used as bowls, etc.
- F&B -- made some potato salad, brought some pita bread, JP's mom made salsa for me, some cold cuts, some fresh lettuce and tomatoes, a carton of bottled water, and some iced teas. Also brought two ice boxes, one small and one larger to store the perishables.
- Pillow and sheets -- staying in motel, since I booked all rooms to have 2 twin/queen, I brought sheets to cover so we don't get bed bugs and god knows what else.

Was supposed to meet up with SW at In-N-Out in Culver City area and I managed to get there in just 30mins. There were traffic but not as congested as I'd thought. So in my disorganization, I actually came out OK. Saw SW walked by the car 15mins or so later. We went into In-N-Out to refreshed ourselves and transferred all her luggage into the trunk which took most of the room. I was glad I didn't bring anyone else to this trip because the car was packed.

It's a little over 6 hour drive from LA to Phoenix. We started off after 9PM and stopped somewhere in between for gas fill-up and bathroom break. Reached Phoenix well after midnight, made it half hour earlier than anticipated. Weather was dry but the motel was decent, although I spent a considerable amount of time trying to check in because there were two other guests ahead of me. Finally checked in and lugged most of the stuff into the room. Took Bobbie out for a walk, hit the shower and bed.

Sorry lah, no picture on this day. 

No comments: