Saturday, January 23, 2010

Freshly made bread

A couple of friends and I planned a visit to a friend tomorrow who has been 'strucked' with cancer twice in a row. It is really unfortunate but she's been strong physically and emotionally. Support from family and friends do help in times like these. I really admire her strength and optimism after all that she's gone through and yet another round. Hopefully, this time around, it is for good.

Not sure of what to bring with me, I figured that I'll bring out the trusty bread-maker and whip up some breads. I've gone through my baking phase and it was really fun leaving all the baking for the machine and enjoy all the benefits once it's done and boy freshly baked bread can be so addictive. It tastes so good when it's warm, right out of the oven and the smell is just incredible!

So, here are two loaves that I've baked already, left is french rosemary and on the right is white. The white one came up kind of weird, the surfaces are not smooth like the other one. I think the recipe called for just regular oil but I used olive instead. Oh well, I'll try to be more specific next time.

I just put in another batch for regular french. The whole house smells like a bakery. I'm going to get some ingredients tomorrow after the visit to make jalapenos bread :D

No comments: