Wednesday, August 12, 2015

2014 Roadtrip Day 5 / Dec 29: Evanston - Laramie


When we arrived at the motel, the place looked like it was from the 60s. We got our key and went to look for our room, and did a quick check to ensure everything is working before we start moving our stuff in. I thought Tal was waiting for me in the car but I found him at the corridoor and he asked where did I go, I told to our room, he said I got the wrong room. The bizarre thing was I was able to open the other room with our key! It turned out that we were able to access all other rooms with the same key. Gosh! We didn't care too much because this place is literally in the middle of nowhere and obviously the owners didn't think it'd matter much.

Anyway the bathroom in the wrong room that I went to was overflow, thank goodness it wasn't really our room because I didn't want to have to go thru the front desk. We moved all our stuff in and settled down shower and make dinner. Close to midnight we get dressed and take the doggies out and saw what happened to the car:

We didn't leave for Laramie until it was time to check out which was close to noon. This motel basically looked like just a stop for truckers.

It takes around 4.5hrs to drive from Evanston to Laramie. I've seen snowstorm warnings but haven't actually been in one until this stretch of drive. Thankfully there weren't too many vehicles on the road with us and we were going at a pretty good speed. Once again I have to credit the ploughers for keeping the roads ice free.
The snowstorm pattern was eerily similar to the sandstorm we encountered years ago on Roadtrip to NM. Definitely sand do more damage than snow though. 
Just to show you how cold it was, the water bottle left inside the car froze. Our drive today is just on I-80 across Wyoming and the only thing that piqued our attention was the fireworks stores and they're abundant in this part of the country. We stopped at one to checkout their inventory. Tal bought about $15 worth of them.

We arrived at Laramie motel close to 6 and thank goodness it's renovated/updated and clean too! Took this screenshot from my weather app, it sure is getting colder and colder!

No comments: